Indiana-Jonas & Jasper Oprel
Based in France & The Netherlands
Surmount is a free-flowing, physics-based platforming adventure where you'll experience the joys of mountain climbing. Make your perilous ascent through the various handcrafted and procedurally generated challenges of Mount Om, all the while following a silly story with eccentric folks along the way. Master your own unique style of climbing either alone or with a friend, upgrade and customize your climber to stand a better chance, and maybe just maybe, you'll be the first ever to reach the top!
Surmount is a collaboration between Jasper Oprel (he/him) and Indiana-Jonas (he/they). Jasper codes all the bits and bobs in the game and Jonas drew and modelled everything that you can see in the game. Ryan Yoshikami supplies the music and the audio design is done by Rumsklang. The game has been developed completely remotely from the Netherlands and France. J&J met in an online session of Animal Crossing during the pandemic. Shortly after that they started working on a prototype that grew to become Surmount. They pitched it around and became the first game to receive funding from the Dutch Midgame Fund.
- An approachable physics based climbing system that is endlessly replayable and not overly punishing
- A mix of handmade levels and large procedurally generated areas to overcome.
- On your way to the top of Mount Om, you'll meet a variety of eccentric characters, all with their own reason to journey to the top.
- Unlock a variety of permanent and equipable items that will boost your stats.
- Be the most fashionable climber out there by customizing your character's look.
- Play alone or tethered to a friend in local co-op.
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Day of the Devs, Official Selection" Day of the Devs 2022, Digital and Physical Showcase
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
The game can be wishlisted on Steam store.steampowered.com.
About Indiana-Jonas & Jasper Oprel
Surmount started taking shape in 2020, as a collaboration between Jasper Oprel and Indiana-Jonas.
More information on Indiana-Jonas & Jasper Oprel, our logo & relevant media are available here.
PR + Marketing Support